Master the art of meal planning with these easy Seamless tips.
Families are now busier than ever, and between balancing working remotely, homeschooling kids, and taking typically outdoor activities inside, mealtimes can be stressful. Check out these pro tips for using Seamless for family meal planning and keep everyone happy with their next meal.
- Variety is key. Preorder a few different cuisines at the start of the week to keep things interesting. Try dishes that reheat well, like shepherd’s pie, baked ziti, thai curry or chicken tikka masala. With Supper for Support, get $10 off orders of $30+ at participating restaurants 5-9pm every night if you order that evening. Don’t want to order everything at once? Use the Seamless meal planner to schedule your orders for each night.
- Satisfy everyone’s tastes. With Seamless, it’s easy to order for a number of different dietary restrictions and preferences. Have a vegan and a steak enthusiast under the same roof? No problem. Use search filters to find specific restaurants and dishes so you can order everyone’s favorite foods. This time there won’t be any eye-rolling at the dinner table.
- Pack and portion each meal. When ordering large or multiple meals at the start of the week, use individual containers to label each family member’s meal. Not only does this help portion control, it makes mealtimes easy. Organize your fridge and designate specific areas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks; think of it as a mini, personalized grab-and-go grocery store. Now it’s fun!
- Freeze for lasting freshness. Want to order way ahead? Remembering you have a delicious meal waiting for you in the freezer is an excellent surprise. A personal freezer-fave of ours? Pizza. It heats up beautifully in the oven and is the perfect indulgent treat. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and then a protective layer of tin foil for the best-tasting leftovers. Make sure to remove the plastic wrap before sticking in the oven.
- Indulge a bit. Meal planning doesn’t have to be boring. Make room for a treat meal, a dessert, or a special beverage. Keep your family happy and healthy.